Growing Schools in Whitley

This is my project blog, following the development of 6 schools gardens as part of the Whitley Excellence Cluster's Aspire project, in Reading. Myself and colleague Dave are working with teachers, school governers and of course the pupils to create school gardens that are healthy, abundant and sustainable landscapes. The project started in March 2006. This is my diary of the work and I hope to encourage pupils to write their own blog for their individual garden projects.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

The garden at Geoffrey Field Junior school.. the pond - i.e. the hole in the foreground, is not complete yet - we ran out of time to do it this term. Also, in the end it seemed wiser to leave it til September when it is cooler and hopefully there isn't a hose pipe ban any longer! The hexagonal bench will also be a compass point and a sundial. I am wondering at the moment that it might be best to get some of the pupils to calibrate the clock, i have been trying to work it out myself all week, then it struck me what a good exercise it could be potentially.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home